Attention SAYHA Members,
This is your chance to make an impact on our organization. Please consider sharing your time and talents to help us continue to grow the Sibley Area Hockey Association by joining our Board of Directors. Elected by SAYHA membership, our association’s leadership consists of seven board members who are responsible for working on behalf of our membership to lead with a shared vision for current and future operations.
Current BOARD OPENINGS:
• This year, there are TWO positions available on the Sibley Area Youth Hockey Association’s Board of Directors.
• Each position is a three-year term, running from 2019 through 2022.
• Specific roles for each newly elected board member will be determined by the existing Board of Directors.
The process for INTERESTED CANDIDATES is as follows:
• Please complete the application below and submit by 11:59pm on February 17th.
• Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed via USPS Sibley Area Youth Hockey Association (SAYHA) 1670 South Robert Street Box 291 West St. Paul, MN 55118
The process to MEET THE CANDIDATES is as follows:
• Our website will be updated to include a list of candidates and their applications for the membership’s review.
• If interest dictates, SAYHA will conduct a “Meet the Candidates” forum on a TBA date the membership can become more familiar with each candidate.
The process for MEMBER VOTING is as follows:
• Voting times are February 23 from 9am-2pm AND February 25 from 5pm-9pm
• Voting takes place at the West St Paul Arena
• One vote per member family
• The two candidates with the most votes will be appointed to the Board of Directors
• The election committee will be managed by WSP Police Sergeant and SAYHA Bantam parent, Brent Nagel. An impartial committee will be formed to conduct the election, ensure the ballot box is locked at the police station between voting periods and oversee the ballot count.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a variety of backgrounds are welcome and appreciated.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the success of our hockey program!
Sincerely, Jason Bauers
President SAYHA Board of Directors